IPL (Indian Premier League ) is now running in the veins of the cricket lovers, from their toe to head. Just like a viral fever, IPL fever has broken all the records of addiction. With currently 8 teams named after Indian cities which are owned by different business tycoons and celebrities as franchises is held every year between April and June. This Twenty20 league is now celebrated in India as “India ka Tyohaar” which has taken away the TRP of television on new hike as well as has become the first sports event that is broadcast live through YouTube.
Here we have details for IPL 2015 teams Captains, Coaches and owners list with companies.
|Chennai Super Kings||MS Dhoni||Stephen Fleming||The India Cements Limited||2 (2010, 2011)|
|Delhi Daredevils||JP Duminy||Gary Kirsten||GMR Sports Pvt Ltd||0|
|Kings XI Punjab||George Bailey||Sanjay Bangar||Ness Wadia, Preity Zinta, The Oberai Group, Karan Paul & Mohit Burman||0|
|Kolkata Knight Riders||Gautam Gambhir||Trevor Bayliss||Shahrukh Khan (Red Chillies Entertainment), Juhi Chawla & Jai Mehta (Mehta Group).||2 (2012,2014)|
|Mumbai Indians||Rohit Sharma||Ricky Ponting||RIIHL (98.3% Stake) & Teesta Retail Pvt Ltd (1.7% Stake)||1 (2013)|
|Rajasthan Royals||Shane Watson||Paddy Upton||Jaipur IPL Cricket Private Ltd:(Manoj Badale,Shilpa Shetty,Raj Kundra)||1 (2008)|
|Royal Challengers Bangalore||Virat Kohli||Daniel Vettori||Royal Challengers Sports Private Ltd: Vijay Mallya (United Breweries Group)||0 (Runners-up 2009, 2011)|
|Sunrisers Hyderabad||David Warner||Tom Moody||Kalanidhi Maran, (Chairman & MD – Sun Network)||0|
IPL 2015 Winners Prize Money Distribution List
|1. Winner Team||INR 150 Million|
|2. Runner Up Team||INR 100 Million|
|3. 3rd Place Team||INR 75 Million|
|4. Fourth Place Team||INR 75 Million|
IPL TRP RATINGS
There were just 11 days between the World Cup ending and the IPL (Indian Premier League) starting. Now that would usually mean an overdose of cricket — too much and too soon. Believe it or not, numbers released by TAM say that the first five matches of the ongoing IPL edition were sampled by 105 million unique viewers, which means a 9 percent increase compared to IPL 7 (2014). As for TV ratings, the jump is a whopping 42 percent — up to 4.5 from 3.1. Overall, 39 per cent of the All India Universe tuned in to watch IPL 8 matches.
While the Indian Premier League’s first six seasons saw a continuous rise in Google trends, the seventh season saw a bit of dip, but interest has piqued again.
According to a One India Report the popularity of teams as per searches is in this order: Chennai Super Kings, Kolkata Knight Riders, Mumbai Indians and Kings XI Punjab. The numbers also suggest that West Bengal is the state which follows the IPL most ardently.
These numbers show that the notion of people caring less about the IPL this year is a myth. In fact, they prove that the IPL is truly ‘India ka tyohaar’.
Ipl Revenue Sources :
- Ticket Sales(online and offline)
- Merchandising Rights
- Internet and Television Rights
- Ground advertisements and various other innovative advertising techniques.
- Cellular service providers VAS
Lets talk about impact of IPL on indian economy :
1.Promoting Sports – IPL is promoting sports so there would be increased amount of sports training centers not just in metros but also in small cities. This would create sports infrastructure and also create sports jobs.
2.Boosting Healthcare – Increased awareness for sports will increase awareness for health and fitness thus boosting healthcare part of the economy.
- Increase exports – IPL becomes popular in rest of the world — this would increase India’s exports in entertainment / sports not just direct broadcasting / franchisee revenues but potentially merchandise revenues as well.
- Source of revenue for government – So for any ticket sales theres some form of tax that government charges,while viewers pay.Thus it is kind of consumption
- Inflow of funds – Money is brought into economy
- Boost for other Industries – Benefiting many industries from Cricket equipment manufacturer to apparel makers(fashion designers and allied groups).Even printing a ticket has given a thrust to printing industry.
- Advertising and DTH subscription – Recall big banners in all over India(Advertising guys making it count).DTH subscription goes up.
Season of IPL we all cricket fans love. Well developing country like India would surely be benefitted with tournaments like IPL. Hope ipl explore its branches with other countries too. Lets hope for the best.